Be prepared for your next career move: Foresight Career Innovation Seminar.
Cardno JFNew is an environmental and natural resource management consultancy providing a broad suite of services in Water Resources Management, Natural Resources Management, Permitting & Compliance, and Liability Management. Clients turn to Cardno JFNew for help navigating complex environmental, natural resource, and business challenges because of our creative problem-solving and the successful track record of our multidisciplinary team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Cardno JFNew is seeking a Seasonal Ecological Resource Specialist to be responsible for implementing restoration project work at the ground level under the direction of a Regional or Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Native planting
- Herbicide application
- Other activities necessary with field implementation of ecological restoration projects
A typical work day consists of an 8-12 hour day with a 30-minute lunch, two ten-minute breaks, and includes irregular hours as regards to starting and quitting times, in accordance with the requirements of the assigned job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences (Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, Biology, Fisheries, Forestry) or equivalent experience
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Must be able to spend up to 1-4 nights per week out of town working long hours in remote locations
- Must hold a valid Operator’s License. Technicians may be required to obtain Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s License if state or local regulations require this for herbicide application. May also require obtaining a Chauffeur Drivers License
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Standard First Aid, CPR, Red Card, Pesticide Applicator’s License are preferred
- Bilingual capabilities (Spanish) a plus