Be prepared for your next career move: Foresight Career Innovation Seminar.
The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in our Advancement Department for the Director of Major Gifts. The Director of Major Gifts is the leader of the Adler Planetarium’s major gifts program, managing the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a robust portfolio of elite annual fund and major gifts donors ($10k+).
- Using wealth screening and research tools, and working with the Board of Trustees, identify museum members, annual fund donors and new prospects who have the capacity to be donors.
- Conduct cultivation and solicitation visits at the museum and at donors’ homes and offices
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of proposals and other solicitation and cultivation materials.
- Bachelors degree
- Advanced degree or CFRE preferred
- At least 5 years in fundraising with demonstrated experience soliciting individual gifts.
- Proven track record of achieving financial goals
- Experience with the Chicago philanthropic community preferred
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Microsoft Suite experience
- Raiser’s Edge or comparable fundraising software experience.
How to Apply:
Apply online here.