Be prepared for your next career move: Foresight Career Innovation Seminar.
Mission of Little Village Environmental Justice Organization (LVEJO):
“We work for justice at home and abroad, connecting our local struggle for democracy with the global one and live by the principle that as working and poor people globally, we have the right to control our lives and resources.”
Executive Director, LVEJO
The purpose of this role is to support the Executive Director in the development and implementation of fundraising plans and human resource policies. The Deputy Director will share strategic and operational responsibility with the ED for the organization’s staff and programs.
- Full delegated authority to act on behalf of the Executive Director in his/her absence;
- Oversee Organizational Human Resources management and development
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director to maintain and increase organizational funding via grants, donors and community based fundraising
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and organization expansion
- Conduct program evaluation on a regular basis to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents and identify areas of needed improvement to achieve program excellence
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize LVEJO’s volunteers, board members, partnering organizations, and funders
- Monitor and improve all aspects of communications-from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger organization presence
- Nonprofit management experience. Previous experience working with social justice organization(s) is a plus.
- Two years + of Grant Writing Experience with documented success
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Commitment to the organization mission
- Budgeting/Financial skills
Salary & Hours:
- Salary Based on Qualifications
- Part Time
How to Apply:
Email your Resume with 3 References including 2 previous work Supervisors to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is Friday, March 1st, 2013. Rolling Application until position is filled.
LVEJO is an equal opportunity employer People of Color, Bi- & Multi-Lingual/Cultural, Youth, Women, LGBT People, are strongly encouraged to apply.