Be prepared for your next career move: Foresight Career Innovation Seminar.
Responsible for the organization and implementation of daily camp activities for children ages 4 years old to sixth grades. This is a part-time, seasonal position.
- Prepare, instruct and evaluate assigned daily nature camp activities for children entering ages 4 years old through grade 6.
- Organize, maintain, and inventory program supplies and equipment.
- Set up and clean-up of camp activities.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, coworkers, campers, and parents.
- Supervision of program participants.
- Enforce rules and regulations with participants.
- Assist with daily attendance records.
- Be a participant in planned activities.
- Assure safety of camp participants at all times.
- Must follow, administer and implement Wheaton Park District policies and guidelines.
- Respond to participants, complaints and concerns.
- Be familiar with Wheaton Park District emergency procedures.
- Be a mandated reporter for the “Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act”.
- Assist in the presentation of educational programming
- Assist Environmental Education Supervisor on special projects
- Attend staff in-services and staff meetings as required
- Prepare written and oral reports as requested by supervisor
- Seek and interpret input from residents and the general public
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years coursework in environmental education, natural sciences or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of nature-related activities, crafts and games recommended. Experience working with children ages 4yearrs old through sixth grade in an informal outdoor setting.
- Group management skills required. Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must exhibit good problem solving abilities, be flexible, organized, creative, and meet physical demands of the job while showing good judgment and safety awareness.
- Must possess a valid IL driver’s license and first-aid/CPR certification (training provided).
Online applications accepted only. Visit here to apply.