Be prepared for your next career move: Foresight Career Innovation Seminar.
- With coordinators and manager, develop planting and maintenance plan for succession plantings on a ¼ acre (North Lawndale) raised bed, intensive planting site or 1.25 acre in ground planting site (North Chicago).
- Assist Coordinator in the management of seasonal interns, volunteers, and teen participant work assignments at the site, including planting, weeding, watering, and harvesting of produce.
- Manage related site tasks including tool and machinery use and maintenance, deliveries and general security during operating hours.
- Act as a resource for program information for project partners, community members, Garden staff, and the media as required.
- Work with Market Coordinator to assist in the distribution of food to local food pantries, retailers and markets.
- As necessary, coordinate with program partners to help ensure active participation by students.
- Familiarity with organic vegetable production and farmer’s market operations are essential.
- Degree in horticulture or related subject and experience in working with teenagers are highly desirable.
- Candidate must be dependable, responsible, able to work independently and adapt to flexible schedule.
- Work with a diverse student population. Must have a valid driver’s license, have access to reliable transportation and be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Work week is generally Monday-Friday, may work occasional weekend.
Fore more information on how to apply visit here.