Be prepared for your next career move: Foresight Career Innovation Seminar.
Chicago Local Foods, LLC (CLF) was recently founded to operate a local foods distribution business, for the purpose of bringing greater efficiency to the local foods supply chain through improved logistics and technology. CLF will focus on distributing produce to restaurants and retailers, but will also distribute meats, dairies, eggs and other locally produced foods. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for local, sustainable and organic foods with experience in food safety.
Supervises and coordinates all activities, policies and procedures related to food safety, sanitation, and product quality. This position has primary responsibility for managing all food safety systems of the facility by developing, implementing, reviewing, modifying, and maintaining the plant’s HACCP, GAP, GMP, Organic Certification, sanitation policies and procedures, as well as for managing all aspects of the quality assurance program.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not LimitedTo:
- Perform a risk assessment of each process. Review, develop and revise critical control points that are necessary for the safe handling of food
- Lead the HACCP team and other key employees in monitoring and verifying critical control points.
- Work closely with management and production personnel on food safety programs. Analyze all food safety and quality processes and drive necessary changes.
- Ensure and enforce compliance with all company, regulatory, product quality, sanitation, food safety, employee safety and environmental standards.
- Perform comprehensive sanitation audits and develop corresponding tracking and reporting processes.
- Manage and maintain a master sanitation schedule. Review and revise packaging manuals. Maintain the development of training programs in all aspects of food safety and quality.
- Reassess and modify all programs based on new and emerging information that impacts food safety, including changes in the regulatory environment, scientific knowledge, and industry best practices.
More information and apply online here.