Be prepared for your next career move: Foresight Career Innovation Seminar.
EnergySavvy is a small, rapidly-growing software company based in Seattle with a customer footprint across the country. We’ve emerged from the early start-up days and have entered a high-growth mode in terms of customers, revenue and team. As our customer base grows across the country, we’ve recognized the need to further develop our presence in the Midwest region and we’re looking for a Director of Client Solutions to do it.
We’re not looking for the traditional salesperson. To succeed in this position you’ll need to have a solid grasp of software technology, be a wickedly analytical problem solver, have great active listening skills, have the ability to develop and nurture a shared vision and be an expert project manager that skillfully manages even the tiniest details. Additionally, you’ll need to win the respect of prospective clients by being a trusted and highly ethical problem solver. And you gotta be hungry. Seriously, don’t apply if you’re not a hungry, detailed-oriented problem solver with an intense drive to succeed.
- Full sales cycle responsibility:
- Develop and meet sales targets.
- Research potential client utility companies for fit with our products.
- Develop strategies and tactics to engage prospective customers. Identify appropriate decision makers and stakeholders, and build trusted relationships.
- Develop a detailed understanding of prospective client needs, a shared business case, a vision of success and a strategy to win the business relationship. Manage all of the complex dynamics of long-running enterprise sales engagements such as competitive procurements, partner dynamics, regulatory concerns and so on.
- Attend conferences and trade shows to represent the company, including delivering presentations, staffing the exhibit booth and participating in conference events. Create RFP responses, proposals, presentations and other materials to be used in the sales process.
- Negotiate and finalize contracts.
- Participate in product development efforts and company strategy, providing input from current and future clients.
- Strategic account management for new and existing customers in your region.
- Interact with Seattle-based management and development team.
- Proven leadership skills, especially in situations where you had to influence and lead people outside of your organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven poise, presentation and negotiation skills suitable to all levels from junior staff to executives
- Independent self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude
- 5 years of experience in long-term, complex and technical project management and a passion for learning complex areas quickly
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% as needed
- BA/BS or higher in related field
- Passion for software technology, energy efficiency and cleantech
Desired Skills, but not required:
- A proven record of 2+ years of sales success in enterprise software, with complex selling environments and long sales cycles.
- Experience with or knowledge of the utility energy efficiency industry market.
- Passion for software technology, energy efficiency and clean tech.
Read full job description and apply online here.