Be prepared for your next career move: Foresight Career Innovation Seminar.
This is a full-time, year round position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect construction projects and license and easement sites for contract compliance. Ensure material and construction methods used comply with contract. Prepare and submit inspection and progress reports.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication between the landscape architects, engineers, planners, contractors, and consultants. Participate in construction related meetings.
- Review shop drawings and other submittals, project schedules, and substitution requests. Review plans and specifications for accuracy and constructability.
- Provide technical advice on construction methods and materials. Prepare cost estimates.
- Perform field investigative work including surveys, soil sampling, and staking.
- Perform in-house testing of soils, concrete, and gravel compaction. Collect samples for testing by outside labs.
- Prepare and maintain accurate, organized, and consistent records, documentation, progress reports, and photographs.
- Research various materials, equipment, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years experience in construction of roads and buildings, including two (2) years as a field inspector; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.