Be prepared for your next career move: Foresight Career Innovation Seminar.
Hancock Verde is a program located in Brighton Park Neighborhood, just south of little village. The program focuses on job training for youth in botanically related careers. Including urban agriculture, botany, landscape design, culinary arts, native landscaping, herbalism etc. Every semester featuring different focuses.
Description of Duties:
The co-instructor will be responsible for leading a group along with the lead instructor of 30 high school students in an afterschool setting. Spending many hours outside maintaining the schools landscaping. In addition instructing other botanically related principles such as landscape design, uban agriculture, botany, culinary arts etc. In addition the co-instructor will be responsible for keeping track of absences, attendance, scheduling relevant field trips and student surveys and recruitment. The co-instructor will need to model responsible mature attitude and help the students have fun in a safe environment.
- Previous experience in Youth work. Leading teens in an extracurricular capacity.
- Interested and or experience in botany, urban agriculture, landscape maintenance.
- Bilingual Spanish and English is highly desirable as some of the students do not speak English.
- Experience in Mexican culinary system, agriculture, cooking, herbal remedies
- Experience in landscape design is a plus.
- Bachelors degree is desirable but not exclusive.
Position will be part time 15 hours per week, $20-$25 per hour depending on number of years experience and education level. Position begins in February.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Francisca Rivera at