Be prepared for your next career move: Foresight Career Innovation Seminar.
The Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago offers an Internship Program which builds on undergraduate or graduate students’ classroom experience and extends their training to an employment setting. Interns will gain benefits from this position including an understanding of non profit development and fundraising, strengthened skills in Raiser’s Edge database management and learning how to play a significant role in planning, coordinating and executing fundraising and friendraising events.
- Support the Development department’s efforts with research, writing and data management.
- Maintain confidential donor records including filing, scanning and data entry
- Support the Development Manager and Director of Development with on-going projects, as needed
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a two or four-year related degree program
- Strong interest in non-profit development, fundraising and special events
- Demonstrated administrative skills including mail merges, data entry and reporting
- Strong command of grammar and business writing Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with databases preferred (Raiser’s Edge a plus)
- Ability to multitask, strong organization skills and the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work cross-functionally between departments
- Self-starter initiative with high attention to detail
- Able to work a flexible schedule of 15-20 hours/week
- Able to begin work the duration of December 2012 to April 2013
Apply online here or send resume to:
Kohl Children’s Museum
2100 Patriot Boulevard
Glenview, IL 60026-8018
Fax: (847) 724-6398
You may also request an application by calling (847) 832-6888