- Facilitate family educational programs. Primary hours are on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) and Wednesday evenings. Additional program facilitation may be scheduled during the week as needed.
- Interns will interpret the plant collection to visitors of all ages as well as lead guided learning plant projects.
- Assist Family Programs Coordinator in the clean-up and preparation of these programs.
- Work with department staff in the preparation, facilitation and clean-up of special event-based activities as needed.
- Interns will work with GPCA staff to create a facilitation activity that can be used in the Conservatory’s family programs. Interns will also have the opportunity to facilitate their final project with Conservatory visitors.
Applicant should be at least 18 years of age and have an interest in museum-based/ informal community-based programming, with a demonstrated ability to be an effective interpreter for both children of all ages and adults in an informal educational setting. Applicants having experience in Environmental, Science or Arts Education a plus. Spanish or other foreign language abilities a plus. Must be a strong charismatic face for our organization, be extremely creative, enjoy and excel at direct service, and be able to meet the diverse needs of our visitors.
Submit brief cover letter and resume to Audrey Sherer, Early Childhood and Family Programs Coordinator at email@example.com
300 N Central Park Ave
Chicago, IL 60624