The Farm Finance Program Coordinator (PC) is a part-time (20 hours per week) position in the administrative headquarters of AOLC. The purpose of this role is to develop services to help beginning farmers improve the economic viability of their farms by increasing their access to affordable capital and competitive financial products, as well as to support farmers in deepening their set of financial management skills. The PD is responsible for supporting several key functions of AOLC Farmer Training Initiative: 30% FTE (12 hours/week) building a matched-savings program; 15% FTE preparing a loan readiness program and securing an accompanying microloan fund; 5% FTE other duties as assigned.
- Plan and launch an Individual Development Account (IDA) matched-savings program and related technical assistance for beginning farmers in the CRAFT farmer network.
- Plan and execute a farmer finance program that connects beginning farmers to microloan funds and related technical assistance.
- Write success stories.
- Work with the Development and Communications Department to solicit press coverage for financing programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in building coalitions, partnerships, social networks and other multi-stakeholder associations; excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in finance-related field, with demonstrated research and analytical proficiency with financial products, and work experience in financial skills trainings.
- Familiarity with sustainable agriculture and nonprofit organizations; experience with farming and farmers.
- A commitment to the Learning Center’s work to build local food systems and its partnership with Angelic Organics, a Biodynamic Community Supported Agriculture farm.
- Excellent organizational skills and project coordination, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Mac and Internet literacy, and proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel to periodic meetings and events, occasionally during evenings/weekends.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Positive team player.
- Reliable self-starter, with strong ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
Familiarize yourself with website at www.learngrowconnect.org. Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or
Angelic Organics Learning Center
1547 Rockton Road
Caledonia IL 61011
More information here.