Opportunity: The applicant will be part of a Corporate Social Responsibility Governance team that is chartered with implementing a company-wide strategic initiative for CSR and ensuring that the company’s CSR efforts create lasting value by enhancing business performance.
· Experience in developing, implementing, or driving a global CSR program, with specific experience in labor and ethics
· Experience in risk and materiality assessment
· Experience in auditing, investigating issues and managing corrective action plans, including the application of root cause analysis
· Understanding of operational supply chain practices
· Experience in the electronics industry (mobile phone industry experience preferred)
· Understanding of CSR audit techniques – EICC-accredited audit training preferred
· A seasoned professional having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
· Contribute to creating a best-in-class CSR program, with a focus on supply chain, and expertise in labor and ethics
· Understand specific legal and customer requirements and communicate to suppliers
· Contribute to materiality and risk assessments
· Validate prioritization of audit issues
· Conduct issue-based assessments
· Participate in root cause analyses of audit issues and approve issue closure
· Ensure that key documents, policies, and processes are relevant and regularly updated
· Share best practices amongst suppliers
· Participate in industry forums and perform benchmarking
· Review risk assessment data related to labor and ethics
· Attend CSR audits at suppliers or internal operations and perform spot-check or follow-up audits as needed
· Monitor the progress of labor and ethics related initiatives, internally and externally, and identify ways to improve performance of the CSR management system
· Provide labor and ethics training to suppliers and applicable internal personnel
• Bachelor’s degree in a core subject related to CSR, international development, business, engineering, law, operations, environmental studies or a related field; Master’s degree or other post graduate degree desirable
• 10 or more years of directly related experience
• Experience in implementing supply chain CSR programs desired
• Relevant labor and ethics training and certification a plus
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
• Works on complex issues and develops resolutions where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and/or frequent use of creativity
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within Motorola Mobility, our parent company and, third party suppliers, and other external parties including trade associations and NGOs. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Interacts with senior management on a regular basis.
• General knowledge of business practices and processes
• Program management skills, including proficiency in business tools and processes such as PowerPoint, Excel, databases, roadmap charts and others
• Ability to travel internationally as required
• Ability to execute tasks independently and maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive data.
• Exercises judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting and methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• May coordinate the activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
• Excellent organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks in an environment with large volume of data and reports requiring attention to detail
• Ability to attend late evening or early morning conference calls with other regions, as needed
· Ability to read and speak Mandarin is a plus