This position is responsible for providing energy advice and coordination for lighting, controls, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, and process equipment for energy efficiency for the Program. This position also introduces the various prescriptive and custom incentive measures that pertain to this customer segment. The Energy Advisor also recommends or specifies modifications to existing systems for participating commercial and/or industrial clients. Electric and gas measures are involved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Promote the energy efficiency program to customer and trade allies in the assigned territory.
• Work with building owners and property managers to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating in energy efficiency programs.
• Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up as required to the customers.
• Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment —i.e. lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, building & pipe insulation and air sealing.
• Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects, collaborate with Energy Engineers as required.
• Provide a professional appearance appropriate for a representative of the Franklin Energy team.
• Be able to work in a team atmosphere, and willing to collaborate on continuous improvement of operations year after year.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field can be considered.
• 1-2 years of experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
To apply for this job click here.